If you follow my Face Book page at all, you will have seen a poll on whether I should write a weekly home school post or not. My original base of readers all said to go for it.
I am a home schooler and I was home schooled. I love home schooling, but I actually don't write too much about it. There are homeschool blogs, and then there is me. Ne're the twain shall meet, or something like that.
I will be posting about homeschooling every Tuesday, and I hope you will join me. It won't be overtly home schooling either. It is going to deal with stuff like balancing the various facets of my life, etc.. Well, take a look at the proposed topics...
Topics covered in 2013
- 3/19 - Your Daily Schedule or Lack There Of
- 3/26 - Book Recommendations for New Home Schoolers
- 4/2 - How to Juggle House Cleaning and HS
- 4/9 - How to Juggle Alone Time and HS
- 4/16 - Free Resources ...Supplements or Full Curriculum
- 4/23 - Math…All About Math
- 4/30 - Kid Extra Activities…How Much? And When is it Too Much?
- 5/7 - How to Juggle Cooking and HS
- 5/14 - Co-Op…or Not? Why? or Why Not?
- 5/21 - Local Homeschool Group - Are you involved? Why? Why not?
- 5/28 - Science - How do you do it?
- 6/4 - Your Favorite Apps (ipad or droid) or Learning Websites
- 8/6 - What's New In your Curriculum?
- 8/13 - What's New In Your School Room?
- 8/20 - What is your teaching style for the New Year?
- 8/27 - Poetry - How do you teach it?
- 9/3 - Reading - What are you and your kids reading?
- 9/10 - Journaling - How do you do it? Art journal? Math Journal?
- 9/17 - History: How do you do it?
- 9/24 - Help! My child Hates Math!
- 10/1 - Help! My child Hates Writing!
- 10/8 - Dad…His role in Homeschooling.
- 10/15 - Foreign Language
- 10/22 - Your Top 3 Suggestions for Someone who Pulled Child out of School Mid Year
- 11/5 - Year Round…or Not Year Round?
- 11/12 - Grades: Do you Give Them? Why or Why Not?
- 11/19 - Overload - What to Do When You Run out of Fuel
- 11/26 - Your Top 6 Favorite Read-Alouds (Picture Books)
- 12/3 - Your Top 6 Favorite Chapter Read-Alouds
- 12/10 - The Year in Review: What You Want to Remember
To introduce you to each lady...
1. Julie (Highhill Education) is an American mother of three living in Germany. Education has always been a primary focus for her. She loves to do hands-on activities and they read a lot. Before her six year old was diagnosed with Leukemia in June 2012 they traveled frequently. Fortunately, her daughter has just reached a huge milestone in her treatment. For the past nine months they have been mostly house bound, but this summer they should be able to start participating in group activities again.
2. Hwee Ching (The Tiger Chronicle) was originally from Singapore. She been living in the UK since 2002, and her son has always been home schooled.
3. Chareen (Every Bed of Roses) is a South African born, Kiwi living in beautiful Victoria Australia with my Zoo Keeper husband Paul and our three Children Mr T19, Miss J 17 and Sir N who is 7. Chareen home educated my first two children for 15 years and just embarked afresh on the home school journey with her youngest son. She passionate about supporting and encouraging home school moms on their journey. She's an avid lover of good books and great read alouds and enjoy scrapbooking, card making and the Word of the Lord. I blog about my journey over at Every Bed of Roses.
4. Savannah (Hammock Tracks) is the Mom of four great children (two have graduated) and has been home schooling for 13 years. She blogs about all things homeschool.
5. Me, the Barefoot Hippie Girl. Seemingly a bit out of my league. But, I do have the claim to fame of actually surviving home schooling and becoming a productive adult, and of choosing to home school my own kids.=)
I am going to make this a new tab/page on my home page. I will make each topic a hyper link as I post about it.
I hope you will join me on this new adventure, and that you will add your own thoughts in the comments of each post.