|Haven't shown any "twins" pics in a while.|
|I know I'm biased, but I think she is adorable.=)|
|I guess trying to get another picture with them smiling was asking too much.|
Sometimes I creak. Sometimes I ache. And sometimes I just feel old.
Unlike the Little Engine that Could, sometimes I just feel like I can't.
Yes, here is a whole list of things this old lady can't do anymore...
1) Suck in this 4-baby gut. It just isn't happening, folks. Weight has come off everywhere else, but I still have a baby belly.
2) Touch my toes-while sitting or standing. Without bending my knees. I don't know that anymore is an accurate description. Could I ever touch my toes without bending my knees?
3) Drink caffeine after 3:00 p.m.. If I do, its a guarantee I won't be able to fall asleep. Which would maybe come in handy for being able to...
4) Pull all nighters. When I remember our courting days-the late nights and early mornings, I just marvel. Young love. Sigh...Now I am in bed by 9:30. 10:00 at the LATEST.
5) Hide the grey hairs. They are getting more numerous due to the aforesaid 4 babies. Oh, and Mr. Hippie's driving.
6) Leave home without everything but the kitchen sink. No additional commentary necessary.
7) Take a long shower. I am the queen of 7.5 minute showers. Including a shave. The ladies at the pool joke about how fast I am. It's spelled K-I-D-S.
|Yes, that is me. In my favorite shirt. |
I don't even want to know how many pictures there are of me this summer wearing that shirt.
8) Sleep in. Even when I don't have to get up, my internal alarm is going off by 6:00.
9) Watch movies longer than 90 minutes. Two hours is the absolute outside length. I start checking my watch, and calculating how much time is left. Which is ironic, because I can remember being a kid and thinking the longer the movie, the better. Cue Great Expectations.
10) Memorize as easily as I used to.
|Enjoying her sliver of Chocolate Chess Pie|
|Oh yeah she did! And in her hair. 2 baths today.|
So...lest you think I have one foot in the grave...
Run a half marathon-beating my old time by over 6 minutes. Home school three kids. Read a semi-trashy novel cover to cover in less than 24 hours. Swim a mile. Parent. Wife. Laugh uproariously. Whip up a mean peanut butter pie. Employ the eyes on the back of my head-on a regular basis. Paint my own toenails. Read to my kids everyday. Drink coffee with my boyfriend every morning. Have a baby sister who is 18 today. (I was almost 16 when she was born. Happy Birthday, Kate!) Have a son who is very close to my height. Play baseball. Garden. Sew cute dresses for my girls. Hang a spoon on my nose-and sing-and "dance" simultaneously.
I guess I may have a few good years left in me.
How about you?
Follow Barefoot Hippie Girl on